This article will discuss how to increase traffic for new blog site. There are a lot of ways to increase your traffic, which you can found on internet. However, most of them are not suitable for a new blogger. So, i decide to to a summary on these methods and list down the strategies for new bloggers.
- Join blogger community such as MyblogLog and BlogCatalog. Create your own community and ask your friends to join. Try to join community which related to your topic and communicated with the members of those community. Don’t just join and wait. Take initiative to visit their site and give your comments. You can join my community at MyBlogLog and my neighborhood at BlogCatalog.
- Add ping to Technorati. You can either manually ping each post of let wordpress ping for you.
- Join Feedburner and let your users subscribe your blog using Feedburner. Feedburner offer a lot of service including ping to some search engine and Technorati.
- Try to create link within your pages and also link to other site. When you use articles from another site, always include their link. They will know it, and your article’s link will appear as a comment at the original author’s article.
- Add social bookmark shortcut icon at the end of each articles. Let your readers bookmark them if your article really good.
- Install Google XML Sitemap plugin for Wordpress. This will create a sitemap.xml file and upload to google when you make post. Google will index your new article after a few hour.
- Finally, make sure you publish good content. Your users will always come back if they like your contents.