Bookmarks are very important for everyone. We use it to store important URL and a lot of interesting websites. Without bookmark, i can’t imagine how we are going to remember the URLs.
So, what happen if our Firefox’s bookmarks suddenly disappear? One of my friend’s bookmarks suddenly disappear (i am not sure the actual reason, but i suspect is cause by improper PC shut down). So, how are we going to restore the bookmarks?
Firefox actually do the job for us. So, where are the backup bookmarks and how we restore them? Follow the steps below and you can easily retrieve them:
- Go to “C:\Documents and Settings\(your account)\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\”. Replace the bracket with your account name.
- You will see a folder with random name. Go inside the folder and you will see another folder “bookmarkbackups“. Here is the place Firefox store your previous bookmarks.
- Pick the latest bookmarks, copy it.
- Go up one level, paste the bookmarks that you just copied.
- Rename the file to “bookmarks.html”.
- Done. Now your bookmarks should be restored.