This tutorial will discuss on how to set the limit of suggestions for the address bar. It is very annoying if the suggestion list is too long. So, we try to limit the number of suggestion URL.
Steps to follow
- Open your Firefox 3 and type about:config in the address bar and hit enter.
- Unlike Firefox 2, there is a warning message before you can enter the configuration list. Press the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button to continue.
- Type browser.urlbar.maxRichResults in the Filter bar and press enter.
- Double-click the browser.urlbar.maxRichResults and set the value to 3 (you can put any value, this is the maximum suggestions that Firefox 3 will gives you).
- RestartFirefox to take effect.
Below is the screenshots for both before and after the configuration change:
As you can see, the address suggestion become 3. I don’t know how they sort the suggestion list. If you want to have more control over the suggestion, you can try Autocomplete Manager.